For those of you that tested Jackie’s Flap Bars, and had a performance benefit, here is the recipe as promised.
Makes 24 bars
1 cup desicated coconut
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup unsalted cashew nut pieces
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup MILO
1/2 cup liquid honey
1/4 raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 180c. Lightly spray a 27cm x 18cm baking tin.
- Combine coconut, rolled oats, nuts, seeds and MILO in a large bowl.
- Place honey, raw sugar and margarine in a small saucepan.
Bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring. Add to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Press the mixture evenly into the baking tin. Bake in preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars. Store in airtight container for storage and transporting to regattas!